Shimla Hill Station - Popular Destination For Honeymoon - Himachal Pradesh - India
Shimla has been attracting honeymooners for a long time. This gorgeous hill station is a perfect place to visit to for honeymoon. Shimla is peaceful and complete with natural beauty. Shimla also known as Simla is the capital city of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh located in northern India.
Location: Southern Himachal Pradesh India
Famous As: Capital City of Himachal Pradesh
Altitude: 6,890 ft Above Sea Level
Major Attraction: The Mall
Area: 50.6 square km
Languages: Hindi, Pahari, Punjabi, and English
STD Code: 0177
Climate: In Summer upto 30°c and In Winter 0°c to 10°c
Best Season: All Seasons
Clothing required: Light woollens in summer and heavy in winters
Best Activities: Trekking, Skiing, Golfing, Fishing
Best Time To Visit Shimla - Weather At Shimla
Tourist Attractions At Shimla
- Mall Road Shimla: Located at the heart of the town, the Mall Road in Simla is one of the busiest commercial areas of this place.
- Shimla Ridge: Located in the heart of Shimla is the famous tourist attraction known as The Ridge.
- Jakhoo Hill: Situated 2 km from Shimla, Jakhoo Hill is the highest peak in the entire hill station.
- Naldehra And Shaily Peak: Naldehra is a picturesque hill station at 2044 m altitude above sea level.
- Annandale: Situated at a distance of 2 kilometers from the heart of the city, Annandale is a lovely picnic spot.
- Glenn: Glenn is a famous picnic spot that is located around 4 kilometers from the center of Shimla.
- Prospect Hill: Situated at a height of 2155 meters famous for a hilltop temple dedicated to Kamna Devi.
- State Museum & Library: The Shimla State Museum and Library is a famous tourist attraction that is located at a distance of around 2.5 kilometers from the center of Shimla.
- Summer Hill: The Summer Hill is located at a height of 1283 meters above sea level.
- Viceregal Lodge: The Viceregal Lodge is located at the top of Observatory Hills and was constructed by the British.
- Chadwick Falls: Situated 7 kms from Shimla and falling from an altitude of 1586 meters.
Shopping At Shimla
Restaurants At Shimla
Eating out in Shimla is not at all a problem, as the place has many small restaurants and local shacks along with high-rise hotels. Here is the list of some famous and popular Restaurants At Shimla where you can have a delicious and affordable meal.
- Hide Out Cafe
- Cafe Simla Times
- Wake & Bake Cafe
- The Restaurant
- Krishna Bakery
- Honey Hut
- Indian Coffee House
- Cafe Sol
- Himachali Rasoi
- Guptajees Vsishnav Bhojnalaya
- Moti Mahal Delux Restaurant
Hotels At Shimla
Here is the list of some famous and popular hotels at shimla which provides good and cheap accommodation.
Mall Road Mall Road
1.4 km from The Mall, 2.3 km from Jakhu Temple, 2.7 km from Shimla Railway Station
Clarke's Hotel, Shimla
Mall Road Mall Road
Less than 1 km from Shimla Railway Station, 2 kms from Jakhu Temple
Hotel Amar Palace
Located on The Ridge,
1.6 km from Shimla railway station, 1 km from The Mall and 4.9 km from Kamna Devi Temple
20.5 km from Shimla Airport, 15.2 km from Shoghi Railway Station and 6.3 km from Bus Stand
Hotel Sun- N -Snow
Shimla City Center
Hotel Willow Banks
near Tourism Lift, The Mall, Shimla
Hotel Rock Sea
The Mall, Shimla
How to Reach Shimla
The Jubbarhatti Airport of Shimla is situated 23 Km from city centre and is connected by regular flights to Delhi, Chandigarh, Kangra and Kullu and other parts of India.
There are several bus services including Himachal Road Transport Corporation buses as well as private operators connecting Shimla to the major cities in North India. If you are going with your own vihical The journey usually takes time depending on traffic.
The small railway station in Shimla is just 1 kilometre away from the centre of the town and is connected to Kalka which is covering a distance of 96 kilometres in about 7 hours by a narrow gauge rail track. The famous toy train of Shimla goes between Kalka and Shimla. Kalka in nearest rail head, which is connected to Chandigarh and Delhi by regular trains.