Manali Hill Station - Famous As Queen Of Valleys - Himachal Pradesh - India
Manali is located at an altitude of 2050 meters above sea level and is spread along the banks of the river Beas. Manali which lies in the lap of the Kullu valley is one of the most visited tourist spot. It is a flourishing orchard industry a popular honeymoon destination.
Location: At the banks of the Beas River, Kullu valley Himachal Pradesh India
State: Himachal Pradesh
District: Kullu District in Himachal Pradesh India
Famous As: Himachal's famous Tourist Resort
Altitude: 2,050 m Above Sea Level
Major Highlight: Vashisth Hot Sulphur Spring, Rohtang Pass, Hadimba Temple
Best Time To Visit: May To October
Weather: 16°C, Wind S at 0 km/h, 64% Humidity
Best Time To Visit Manali - Weather At Manali
- Summers season is March to June and temperature is 10°C to 25°C
- Monsoon season is July to Sep and temperature is 15°C - 20°C
- Winters season is Oct to Fab and temperature is 1°C - 14°C
Tourist Attractions At Manali
There are many hill stations and exciting spots to visit in Manali. Every spot has its own specialty and importance. We listed here most Popular Sightseeing spots in Manali.
- Manu Temple : This temple to be the only temple of Manu in India.
- Arjun Gufa : Located On the left bank of the river Beas near Prini village.
- Handima Temple : Built in 1553 and with a superbly crafted four tiered pagoda roof.
- Vashist Hot Water Springs and Temple : Across the Beas river is Vashist, a small village with natural sulphur springs.
- Jagatsuhk : About 6 kms. from Manali is the famous Shiva Temple.
- Monasteries in Manali : Manali also houses three Tibetan monasteries, that have been built recently. There are three recently built Tibetan monasteries at Manali.
- Rahala Waterfalls : Located About 16 km from Manali.
- Solang Valley : Located at a distance of 13 kms in a side valley at the top of the Kullu valley
- Kothi : Just 10-12 km from Manali.
- Udaypur : An important pilgrimage place in the Pattan Valley.
- Rohtang Pass : Rohtang Pass is the highest point on the Manali-Keylong road.
Shopping At Manali
Manu Market: Just off Mall Road you’ll find Manu Market famous for colourful fruit and veg to cooking utensils and electrical goods. There’s also a selection of Tibetan handicraft and jewellery stores for shopping.
Old Manali Market: Shop woollen goods from here though these might be higher priced than around Mall Road.
Tibetan Bazaar: There are many shops for shopping in that area which are stores and market stalls selling Tibetan handicraft, clothing, and jewellery, shawls, silver jewellery, rugs, bamboo trinkets and prayer wheels.
Restaurants At Manali
Desserts in Manali are Particularly Mouth Watering. Try Sweetmeats made of Milk and Kheer and Hot Gulab Jamuns and Rabri. Here is the list of some Restaurants of Manali.
Log Hut Area, Manali, Manali HO, Manali
Ashoka inn hotel
Nh-21, Rangri Simsa Rd, Manali HO, Manali
Open Cafe Restaurant
C/O Banon Resorts, New Hope Orchards, Club House Road, Manali HO, Manali
C/O Rock Manali Hotel, Kullu Manali Highway, Rangri, Manali HO, Manali
C/O Manali Inn Hotel, Rangree Manali, Manali HO, Manali
Ever Green Cafe
C/O Raj Guest House, Vpo Manali, Teh Manali, Manali HO, Manali
Red Roof Restaurants
Vill-Prini, Naggar Rd, Manali HO, Manali
Curry By The River Restaurant
C/O Quality Inn River Country Resort, Rangari, Near National Highway 21, Manali HO, Manali
C/O Shingar Regency Hotel, Hadimba Road, Manali HO, Manali
Manali Punjabi Dhaba
Model Town, Manali HO, Manali
Club Mahindra Snowpeaks, Prini Village Kullu District, Manali HO, Manali
Kothi Hights Food Juntion
Nh 21, Kothi Manali, Leh Rd, Manali HO, Manali
Hadimba Temple Rd Manali Distt Kullu, Manali HO, Manali
Hotel Manali Mahal
Cirucit House Road, Near The Mall, Manali HO, Manali
C/O Manali Resorts, Manali HO, Manali
Hotels At Manali
In Manali numerous hotels which offer visual treat of spectacular and heavely sunrise and sunset. Here is the list of some Hotels of Manali.
- Honeymoon Inn Manali
- Sun Park Resort Manali
- Citrus Manali Resorts
- Snow Valley Resorts
- Apple Country Resort
- Quality Inn River Country Resort
- Solang Valley Resort
- Hotel Greenfields
- The Manali Inn
- Snow Peak Retreat
- Chichoga Holiday Inn
- Tourist Hotel
- The Himalayan
How to Reach Manali
The nearest airport is Bhuntar, 52 km south of Manali.
The closest narrow-gauge railhead is at Jogindernagar, 135 km away.
It is connected by a motorable roads and regular bus services connect Kullu & Manali to most of the important places in Himachal Pradesh and the neighboring states.