Kullu Hill Station - Famous As Valley Of Gods - Himachal Pradesh - India
Kullu is a hill station in the indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is located on the banks of the Beas River in the Kullu Valley at 1200 mt height. This valley is famous for its temples and beauty. Kullu also known as Valley of Gods has numerous temples. This is the Valley of Gods, having torrents and vast expense of snow in the upper regions.
Location: 240 kms from Shimla Himachal Pradesh India
State: Himachal Pradesh
Languages : Hindi and Himachali
Std Code: 01902
Altitude: 1,220 m
Main Attractions: Kullu Dusshera, Bijli Mahadev Temple
Best Time To Visit: Mid May To Mid October
Famous Festival: Dussehra Festival
To See: Temples, Villages, Valleys
Also Known As: Valley of Gods.
Best Time To Visit Kullu - Weather At Kullu
- Summers season is March to June and temperature is 10°C to 25°C
- Monsoon season is July to Sep and temperature is 15°C - 20°C
- Winters season is Oct to Fab and temperature is 1°C - 14°C
Tourist Attractions At Kullu
- Brighu Lake: The coast of this lake is uninhabited an the water is crystal clear.
- Dhankia Mahadeva Temple: This temple is devoted to Lord Shiva.
- Bijli Mahadev Temple: It is a famous and unique temple in Kullu.
- Bajeshwar Mahadev Temple: This temple dates back to the 8th century.
- JaganNath Temple: This beautiful temple offers impressive views of Kullu valley.
- The Great Himalayan National Park: It is one of the best places to visit in Himalaya.
- Malana: The village also has a famous temple called 'Jamlu'.
- Kasol: Located on the banks of Parabati river in Parbati valley.
Shopping At Kullu
Kullu is famous for its woolen shawls. Making of these shawls has now become a local industry. Shawls made from the hair of Angora rabbits and Pashmina goats are quite expensive. Other woolen items produced here are colorful Kullu caps and blankets. You can be bought these all item from private shops as well as the Himachal state weaving co-operative at Bhutti Weavers colony, six kms south of Kullu.
Restaurants At Kullu
You will easily find various cuisines in Kullu including Chinese, Continental and Indian. Here is the list of some famous and popular Restaurants At Kullu.
- Sapna Sweets
- Dham Restaurant
- Maitre Point
- The Spice House Restaurant & Sura Bar
- Chinda ka Dhaba
- Kawa cafe manali
- Cafe rock N Roll kasolinn
Hotels At Kullu
There are some luxury resorts too which would cost anywhere between Rs 5,000 to Rs 9,000 per day. The resorts provide very good facilities like steam baths, massages, 24 hour internet and TV. Here is the list of some famous and popular Hotels At Kullu.
- Shobla International
- Kullu Valley Hotel
- Hotel Century Gangri
- Himalayan Hamlet
- Nature's Lap Resort
- Solace Retreat
- Silvermoon Hotel
- Poornima Guest House
- Mashoo Resorts
- Adventure Resort
- Hotel Vaishali
- Victoria Palace Hotel
How to Reach Kullu
The airport is at Bhuntar, which is 10 km from Kullu.
There are regular bus services for Kullu and Manali from Delhi and Chandigarh. Himachal Pradesh Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) runs regular buses to Delhi, Chandigarh, Shimla and other places from Kullu.
Pathankot is the nearest railway station to Kullu. Chandigarh is the most convenient railway station as regular bus service is available from Chandigarh to Kullu.