Chamba Hill Station - Valleys Of Numerous Temples And Palaces - Himachal Pradesh - India
Chamba was founded by Raja Varman who named the town after his daughter Champavati. Located at valley of Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is one of the most beautiful hill resorts and one of the best tourist spot in India. Located at an altitude of 926m. Chamba is 56 km from Dalhousie via Khajjiar.
Location: valley of Himachal Pradesh India
Temperature: In Summer 39C to 8C and Winter 10C to 1C
Languages: Pahari,Hindi and Himachali
Best Time to Visit: March to June
Altitude : 2195 m
Area : 6528sq. Km.
STD Code: 01899
Headquarters : Chamba
Best Time To Visit Chamba - Weather At Chamba
Tourist Attractions At Chamba
The town of Chamba is divided into two parts, namely the old and the new town and contains several historical and pre-modern monuments and temples. Here is the short information about all the tourist places which is most popular and famous at Chamba.
- Lakshmi Narayan Temple : Temples is the principal temple of Chamba.
- Brajeswari Temple : This temple is dedicated to Sui Mata.
- Chamunda Devi Temple : This is one of the famous temples in Chamba valley.
- Gandhi Gate : Built in 1900 is the main gatway of Chamba.
- Bhuri Singh Museum : Museum is showing the rich culture of Chamba valley.
- Champawati Temple : Temple dedicated to Goddess Champavati.
- Chaurashi Temple : The temples of Lakshmi Devi, Ganesh and Manimahesh.
- Chaugan : Each year celebrating fair at this place.
- Lama Dal : 'Lamba Dal means "a long lake".
- Pangi Valley : Pangi Valley in the upper part of Chamba District.
- Rang Mahal : Rang Mahal palace was built by Raja Umed Singh in the mid 18th century.
- Chamera Lake : Chamera dam is built over the river Ravi and sports facilities to the available for visitors.
- Ghadhasaru Lake : Ghadhasaru Lake located in the Churah District.
- Katasan Devi Temple : This calm and peaceful spot is ideal for picnic lovers.
- Narayana Temple : The Narayana temple at Udaipur is situated nearly 5 km below Chamba.
- Hari Rai Temple : The 11th-century Harirai Temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
Shopping At Chamba
Shawls, chappals and leather works, besides ‘rumal' embroidery are the famous iteam for shpping in Chamba. You can shop all these items from Government Handicrafts Centre at Rang Mahal and in many shops in the town. Shopping in Chamba Uttaranchal is an absolute delight. You will also buy paintings of Chamba and Kangra and the popular Chamba chappals too. After a day of some fine sightseeing and other activities, it’s but natural to indulge in a little bit of shopping.
Restaurants At Chamba
There are no many eating options in Chamba, but there aree not fancy restaurants. Here is the list of some popular and famous restaurants located in Chamba from where you can eat.
Park View Restaurant
Museum Road, Chamba
Museum Road, Chamba
Glory Hotel & Restaurant
Manmahesh Rasoi Pure Vegetarian
Old Sher E Punjab Restaurant
The Dining Hut
Hotels At Chamba
Only mid-range and budget accommodation options are available in Chamba. Most of them are situated on Court Lane. Here is the list of some popular and famous Hotels located in Chamba from where you can Stay.
- The Iravati (HPTDC)
- Hotel Ashiana Regency
- UNA Comfort Swiss Meadows Hotel
- Hotel City Heart
- Anantson Resort
- Chamunda Hotel
How to Reach Chamba
Nearest airport to Chamba is Dharamshala connected to Delhi by Vayudoot services. Also second nearest airport is at Gaggal in Kangra valley which is 180 km from Chamba.
By Road :
Well connected to major cities of India such as Amritsar, Chandigarh, Delhi and Manali by a network of well- maintained roads, reaching Chamba by road is one of the easiest ways of reaching the town. Daily bus service is available for Dalhousie and jeeps on hire are also available but it is relatively expensive.
By Rail :
Nearest railhead to Chamba is Pathankot (120 kms) which is connected to all the major cities of India.