Almora Hill Station - Established In The 16th Century - Uttarakhand - India
The state of Uttarakhand in India is bounded with variant number of incredible Hill stations Almora Hill Station one of them. Almora is a popular hill station 316 km from the state capital Dehradun and Situated at 1646 m. It is also known, as the cultural capital of Kumaon. It is surrounded by four hill ranges, each having temples on top of its peak.
Location: 316 km from the state capital Dehradun Uttarakhand India
Altitude: 5,900 ft.
Area: 11 sq kms approximately
Season: April to June, September to November
STD Code: 05962
Founded by: Kalyan Chand
Founded year: 1560 A.D.
Best Time To Visit Almora - Weather At Almora
Tourist Attractions At Almora
- Kasar Devi Temple: Goddess Kasar Devi temple built by King Rudrak .
- Shiva Temple: Temple is dedicated to Hindu lord Shiva is surrounded by huge fur trees.
- Bright End Corner: Famous forseeing sunrise and sunset points.
- Almora Fort: Almora fort is situated at the highest point of Almora bazaar.
- Katarmal Sun Temple: The 800-year old temple is the second most important Sun temple in the country after Konark.
- Nanda Devi Temple: The ancient temple of Nada Devi is one of the prime attractions of Almora.
- Govind Vallabh Pant Public Museum: Located near Almora bus stand.
- Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary: The spot was the summer capital of the Chand kings and established as a forest reserve in 1988.
- Kalimut: Kalimut is a picnic spot which is located 3 kilometers away from Almora.
- Martola: Located amidst lush green forests at a distance of 10 kilometers from Almora.
- Chitai Temple: It is dedicated to Lord Gollu an incarnation of Gaur Bhairav.
- Deer Park: Located 3 Km from Almora.
- Phulseema and Pharkanauli: Sets of beautiful rock paintings of Bronze Age.
- Lakhuudiyar: Most important of all prehistoric sites of Almora.
Shopping At Almora
Restaurants At Almora
In Almora you can eat the delicious and authentic local cuisines of Uttarakhand. The food available in Almora restaurants is mostly North Indian, with dal, vegetables and fragrant long-grained basmati rice dominating restaurant menus. Here is the list of some famous and popular Restaurants located At Almora for eating.
- Baba Cake
- Kasar Rainbow Restaurant
- Lali's Inn and Restaurant
- Essence Of Nature
- Gopal Binsar Retreat and Restaurant
- Godawari Restaurant
- Dolma Restaurant
- Silver Oak Restaurant
Hotels At Almora
Most of the places to stay in Almora are around the Mall road. The accommodation here ranges from deluxe hotels to budget options. Here is the list of some famous and popular Hotels located At Almora for stay.
- Imperial Heights
- Kalmatia Sangam Himalaya Resort
- Kasaar Jungle Resort
- Hotel Shikhar
- Savoy Hotel
- Hotel Himsagar
- Khazanchand Mansion
- Hotel Bhagwati Palace
- Quality Inn The Den Resort
- Hari Darshan Resort
- Shivmandir Dharamshala
How to Reach Almora
The nearest airport is Pant Nagar Nainital. Regular flights operate during the summer. Pantnagar Airport is situated 115 kms from Almora.
The nearest railhead is Kathgodam situated at a distance of 83kms from Almora.
Almora is well connected by motorable roads with major cities of northern India. Almora is well connected with all-important cities by road.