Chittorgarh Fort - One Of The Largest Fort In India - Rajasthan - India
The Chittorgarh Fort is located on a high hill near the Gambheri River in Chittorgarh. Chittorgarh Fort lies at a distance of 112 kms from the city of Udaipur in Rajasthan. In 2013 Chittorgarh Fort and 5 other forts of Rajasthan, was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site under the group Hill Forts of Rajasthan.
Location: 112km from Udaipur, on a high hill near the Gambheri River in Chittaurgarh, Rajasthan
Built by: Various Maurya rulers
Built in: 7th century A.D
Highlights: Numerous palaces and towers inside the fort
Language: Rajasthani, English, Hindi
Best time: September to Feburary
Visit Timings: 06:00 am to 06:00 pm.
- Tower of Victory or Vijay Stambh: Built in 1440 AD by Maharana Kumbha.
- Tower of Fame or Kirti Stambh: Dedicated to Adinathji the 1st Jain Teerthankar.
- Gaumukh Reservoir: A deep tank filled by a spring coming from a 'cow mouth'.
- Rana Kumbha Palace: The ruined edifice of great historical and architectural interest.
- Padmini Palace: The palace scene of an incident directly responsible for the bettle.
- Meera Temple: Build by Maharana Kumbha in 1449.
- Kalika Mata Temple: Build originally in the 8th century.
- Fateh Prakash Palace: Build by Maharana Fateh Singh this huge palace is of morden style.
- Jain Temples or Sattavish Deri: At present six jain temples on the fort.
- Seven Gates of the Fort: Padan Pol,Bhairon Pol,Hanuman Pol,Jorla Pol,Ganesh Pol,Laxman Pol and Ram Pol.
Entry Fee And Other Charges For Visit Chittorgarh Fort
- Entry Fee For Domestic Adult: Rs.10/-
- Entry Fee For Domestic Child: Rs.5/-
- Entry Fee For Foreigner: Rs.100/-
- Entry Fee For Foreigner Student: Rs.100/-
In Evening you can enjoy light and sound show in the fort where the history of the fort will became live.
Light and Sound Show Ticket Charge
- Indian Adults Rs 75/- ( Monday to Friday )
- Indian child Rs 40/- ( Monday to Friday )
- Indian Adults Rs 100/- ( Saturday & Sunday )
- Indian child Rs 50/- ( Saturday to Sunday )
- Foreigner ( Per Person ) Rs 200 ( per day )
Opening Time For Chittorgarh Fort
The Chittorgarh Fort is open all days of week and open sunrice to sunset. It will take two hours to complete the visit of the fort.
Best Time To Visit Chittorgarh Fort
The summers can be really hot and the monsoons too watery so its best to take a trip in the winter season when the temperature is temperate. September to Feburary is the Best Time To Visit Chittorgarh Fort.
Tourist Attractions Near Chittorgarh Fort
Seven Gates of the Fort, Jain Temples or Sattavish Deri, Fateh Prakash Palace, Kalika Mata Temple, Meera Temple, Padmini Palace, Rana Kumbha Palace, Gaumukh Reservoir, Tower of Fame or Kirti Stambh, Tower of Victory or Vijay Stambh,Rana Kumbha's Palace, Chittaurgarh Museum, Jaimal and Patta Palaces are very popular tourist attractions very closed from Chittorgarh Fort.
Shopping Near Chittorgarh Fort
Chittorgarh is well-known for its shopping destinations which promise an interesting shopping experience to every visitor. Shopping centers of the city are popular for offering traditional handicraft items. Shopping is one of the most popular activities that the tourists love to engage in. Chittaurgarh shopping provides a great opportunity for tourists to buy a wide variety of items. The major centers for shopping in Chittaurgarh are Rana Sanga Market, Sadar Bazaar, Fort Road Market, Gandhi Chowk, New Cloth Market, Road Market and Station Circle.
Restaurants Near Chittorgarh Fort
Here is the list of some famous and popular Restaurants closed from Chittorgarh Fort.
- Nakoda Restaurant
- Hotel Right Choice
- Ritu Raj Vatika
- Green Leaf Resort
- Hotel Pratap Palace
- Chandal Restaurant
- Chick Blast
- Shree Bherunath Restaurant
- Bajrang Bhojnalay
- Shri Pabu Restaurant
Hotels Near Chittorgarh Fort
Here is the list of some famous and popular Hotels closed from Chittorgarh Fort.
Chanderia Road, Near Sainik School, Chittorgarh
Hotel Ram Rakhi
D/39-40, Sujata Enclave, Bhilwara Road, Chittorgarh
Hotel Pratap Palace
Near Head Post Office, Chittorgarh
RTDC Hotel Panna
Pratap Nagar Road, Near Railway Station, Chittorgarh
Bassi Fort Palace
P.O. Bassi, Dist. Chittorgarh
Bhagwati Hotel, Chittorgarh
Natraj Tourist Hotel
Natraj Hotel, Near Bus Station, Chittorgarh
Near Chittorgarh Railway Station, Chittorgarh
How to Reach Chittorgarh Fort
Nearest airport to Chittorgarh fort is the Maharana Pratap airport at the city of Udaipur.
The city of Chittorgarh is well connected to the other parts of India via Chittorgarh railway station.
Rajasthan roadways offers bus service to the major tourist spots of the state including Chittorgarh city.